Saturday, January 16, 2010

Our first filling

We went to the dentist in November and our dentist told us Layton has a cavity and that his teeth needed to be sealed. So we waited until after Christmas to have it done. I have been worried about Layton complying and going along with all that was involved in this process. When the day came to have it done I told him he could keep his p.j's on at the dentist and he was concerned that the dentist would get mad at him. I assured him that she said he could. We left our home at about 7:15am and as we were driving out of our driveway Layton said, "Hey, I didn't eat yet!" I wondered if he would comment on that because they told me not to let him eat before. We arrived and he had to drink the "Power Ranger juice" to allow him to relax a bit. Then about an hour later we headed into the procedure room. They put the gas on his little nose. He chose the strawberry flavored mask and the grape gloves. This made him relax even more. He just layed there and watched the t.v. in the ceiling that was playing the movie, Robots. He did wonderfully! He doesn't remember what they did to him but when you ask him about it now he says, "I felt like I was flying to the roof." After we got home he just sat in my lap and acted so drowsy for a few hours. It was wonderful because this NEVER happens with Layton unless he is asleep.
Then the very next day Layton received this postcard in the mail from our dentist, Dr. Allman. I have to say they are a wonderful dentist office. It's so cute in there and they are so precious to the children. They talk to them the entire time and make them feel comfortable.

4 comments:

  1. Layton was such a big boy! He really was proud of his post card. I just love him so much.....EVEN WHEN.....!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a big boy! I LOVE Dr. Allman. She is the one who fixed Preston's tooth last week. She makes them feel so comfortable when they are there and then so special with her handwritten postcards.

    ReplyDelete