Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Big Girl Bed

Oh my goodness, oh my goodness, Sissy has had a big week and a HUGE 2 moths. This week started with dancing class and then she moved to a big girl bed. In our family the magic age of big beds is 3 years old. Landry got most of her new bed stuff for her birthday and Christmas. She got some money for her birthday and so we put some with it and bought her a new mattress and box spring. (by the way she is the ONLY one in this house that is sleeping on a mattress that wasn't handed down from someone else in our family) She also got 2 new sets of sheets, a new adorable quilt and pillow sham, new dust ruffle, area rug, and bed frame. By the way, I do know she is a little tacky looking in these pictures but it was a stay home day and that's just how it was. Bye bye baby bed!
She really wanted to help me put on the dust ruffle. Each time I would fix it she came after me and made it crooked again.
These are her new sheets. Tacky, I know. She (like most 3 year old girls) is in to everything princess so I thought sheets were harmless because you can cover them up! She loves them. The pillowcase is Belle (Sis) Cinderella (mommy) and Aurora (Landry). She assigned us each a princess when we went to Disney World in September.
I'm going to have a few pillows made from her old baby bed skirt. It was the same silk fabric that her curtains are.
This was her first night to sleep in her big girl bed. She went right to sleep as I was singing to her and slept all night until 7am the next morning. What a good girl.

Since December 5th she has turned 3 years old, given up her pasie, started dancing and moved to a big girl bed.

4 comments:

  1. what could be better than sleeping in the arms of those princesses? What a big girl. I'm so proud of her, like you said she's had a eventful couple of months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks so tiny in that big ole bed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does look like the princesses are watching over her. What a cute bed and quilt (AND sheets). It seems just like yesterday that you were planning her nursery. Sweet dreams for a little doll!

    ReplyDelete