Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Landry is a Girl of Grace

Landry started dancing yesterday at Girls of Grace Dance Co. We have been talking about this day for the last 6 months. She knew that after she turned 3 years old she could start ballet and tap class. After lunch I said, "Let's go put on your dance clothes" Landry replied, "NOW? I get to go now?!" She kept saying, "I'm so excited!" She was so precious in her new dance clothes.
She is a natural at doing dance poses. She likes her tap shoes the best.
This is what I have been waiting for for 3 years. It's a great day for Landry and mommy!
Mandy Alexander is one of the owners of Girls of Grace and one of her teachers along with Ms. Sara. Mandy was precious to her and made Landry feel very comfortable and happy. She didn't mind at all that I left her. Each girl has a chair with her name on it. They sit in the chair to change their shoes before class starts. They sat in a little circle and learned how to point their toes. They are talking about the fruit of the spirit and today was kindness. Landry got in the car and told me, "I have to be kind to my brudders!"
Landry told us she loved the class. I asked her at dinner, "What was your favorite part of your dance class?" She said, "When we did point, point, point!, Daddy, what was your favorite part of my dance class?" We just laughed and laughed at her.

3 comments:

  1. So precious. I LOVE that she will answer all our questions about ballet. WHAT was Adam's favorite part of her dance class?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stingerette Captain in the making!

    ReplyDelete