Thursday, August 26, 2010

Sonic Comments

Yesterday after dropping Logan off at school we had to run to the cleaners to drop off some clothes. Our cleaners has a Sonic right beside it. Landry says to me, "mommy, I think I really need a slushy!" Now I was already thinking the same thing so I am easy this time and say, "okay, after we drop off these clothes we will stop in and get a drink this morning." So, while we are in line at the cleaners this conversation goes down:



Landry- mommy, you can choose what flavor slushy I get, I'll get whatever you want.
me- No Landry, I want you to choose for yourself.
L- No mommy, you make my choice. Whatever you want me to have.
me- okay, how about a lemonade slushy like Layton gets. I think you will like it a lot.
L- No, I don't want a lemonade slushy, you choose what I want to have.
me- well then if you don't want a lemonade slushy I choose you to have a strawberry one.
L- No, you choose me to have either a purple or a red one or a green one.
me- okay, I choose you to have a red cherry slushy.
L- No, you want me to have a green one, okay mommy?
me- Sure landry, I will choose you to have a green one.
L- No, you really choose a purple one, okay mommy?
me-Yes landry, I will choose you to have a purple one.



me-Layt, what do you want?
Layton- lemonade one!



That's pretty much our life. He is a man of not so many words and she makes up for it with TOO MANY words. If you know my little Landry, you know this is pretty much her personality most of the time. She tries to make you feel good by pretending to let you be in charge of something/anything but really, she is the one who wants to hold all the control. What a girl!
I realize this isn't a very good picture and she has cookie in her mouth but I HAD to put a picture on here too because my sister HATES blog posts without pictures and I don't want her to be mad at me. Should have taken a pic with her purple sonic drink but didn't .

4 comments:

  1. When she was at my house the other night we only had time for one more "game" before bedtime. She wanted to do my hair and I wanted to play paper dolls. I have always loved paper dolls. Well anyway i said i'll play paper dolls while you do my hair. That was a good plan for her except EVERYTHING I put on the giant paper doll was wrong. The tops I chose NEVER went with the skirt I chose. I said "oh look this little hat matches this shirt", she said "oh no that hat matches her swim suit" and jerked it off the dolls head...all the while doing my hair. What a hoot and I would say she's a bit of a control freak.

    Gosh I love their little personalities. I am so fortunate to be so close and watch them grow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is Landry! I was laughing by the time I got to the end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was laughing out loud the entire post because this IS my world...ALL the time! Oh, these girls!

    ReplyDelete