Tuesday, August 10, 2010

This afternoon I pulled out some strips of paper and suggested we make a paper chain. My kids know that this usually means we are counting down to something. They all asked and I told them they would have to guess. Layton said, "I hope it's not for school starting." We made a paper chain of 24 links.
Then we played "Wheel of Fortune" to figure out the name of where we are going in 24 days. Each kid took turns guessing a letter until Logan figured it out with only a few letters filled in.
As you can tell, he was SO thrilled when he figured it out.
YEA! We leave on September 1st for Lego Land in California.
We had t-shirts ready to take with us to Lego Land. They say, "Square is Cool!"
Here's our paper chain. We will cut one link off each night before bed and that's how many more nights we have until we leave. YEA!

6 comments:

  1. I am so excited that you were able to get this all worked out! HOW FUN :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. well aren't yall the coolest family ever! super cute idea. SO excited that yall get to go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys are a pretty cool family :) very creative...love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is awesome! I can't wait to see the pictures and hear all about it. I think you should come to the Lego Land in Germany next summer...heee.heee. We would love to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea!! I am sure the kids look forward to cutting a link off every evening. Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete