Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Toy Story 3

I am not a Disney fanatic. I do LOVE Disney World and Disney movies but I don't usually get excited about a new movie coming out. I don't have themed cookie jars or shower curtains and I certainly don't wear Disney clothes (my kids do at certain times though) This time has been different. We have been talking about Toy Story 3 for almost a year now since we heard another one was coming out. We were in Disney World in September and saw the advertisements and got SO excited. Toy Story is my favorite animated movie of all times and in my opinion they just keep getting better! They are so precious and it's nostalgic to see all the old toys that so many of us had a little kids. I love the friendships and the messages they send and the humor is adult at many times. I read in the Dallas Morning News last week that the reviewer said this was a movie for adults that children could see. I agree.
We planned to see the movie and have a family fun day with our close family friends. We saw the movie on Saturday morning at 10:55am in 3D.

I just love this picture, it was SO sunny and I SO wanted a picture with my 3 posing in front of the 3 sign but they just couldn't do it! The sun was too much for them!
As we were standing here taking pics we saw several sad and crying kiddos walking back to their cars. I felt sorry for them that the movie was already sold out. I guess their parents didn't think ahead to get tickets early!
Landry watched it in 3D some of the time and then got tired of the glasses and wore them on her head.
We all love, love, loved it!
Layton with his best friend, Jackson Cilio were all smiles after the show.
We were so glad Carson came home from Oklahoma early to see the movie with us.
Campbell, Adam, Layt and Jackson with the long, HOT walk back to the car after the movie.
I made a cake to celebrate the movie. I LOVE theme parties so this was probably more fun for me than it was for the kiddos. Bottom layer was a 9X13 one layer strawberry sheet with strawberry cream cheese icing, middle was an 8 inch square buttercake with cream cheese icing, top was a 6 inch round chocolate with chocolate cream cheese icing.
The table! No, this wasn't a birthday party for anyone but I just decorated and had party favors like it was. I had so much fun with it!
We had chicken, hamburgers and hot dogs grilled out with lots of great sides and snacks.
Adam loved sharing his grilled corn with Chandler. I think she was the most popular girl there that night!Layt adores Chandler and wants her to love him too.
We had water games and a slip & slide outside first but the kids got so hot they wanted to come in. We set up a theatre in the dining room with a television and the kids watched
Toy Story 2. Logan thought of several games to play. One was potato head match where he had a picture of a dressed up potato head and there was a race to see who could re-create it. Then after dinner the kids played Toy Story Mania on the Wii. I placed candles in the cake too, one for each kid. We sang Happy Birthday to
Toy Story since it was 3 now and each kid got to blow out a candle.
We did it twice, once for the big kids and once for the little girls.
Then Layt handcuffed his ankle to Chandler's ankle so she couldn't "leave him". Oh, and by the way Layt got these handcuffs from the Cilios for his birthday in case anyone wonders where they came from. haha No comments please!
From the looks of this little girl it was a good party!
Did you see it? What was your favorite character or part? My favorite characters were
Barbie and Ken. My favorite parts were when Ken was doing his fashion show for Barbie and when Buz was changed to Spanish and danced. As the credits were rolling, Sis noticed the dances were choreographed by Cheryl Burke and Tony Dovolani from Dancing with the Stars. SO FUNNY!

7 comments:

  1. I've been waiting for this post since Saturday. The movie was really good and Angie, you made it a fun time for all of us. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once again, Angie out-did herself! VERY fun party...and the movie was just darling. Thanks for going to all the trouble, it was a super fun day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the movie and the party afterwards and am grateful that Angie and all her friends always include me...THANKS. I always have such a fun time with them. My favorite character was BIG BABY b/c I had some babies that looked like that w/ the droopy eye, when i was a little girl. She was well loved.

    That cake was fabulous and the party table looked wonderful. Angie outdid herself again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO FUN! The cake was AWESOME! Sounds like a VERY fun day :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I seriously am forcing Bobby to go see this movie now! I really can't remember Toy Story 2 all that well, so maybe I will go rent it and we will have a Toy Story Marathon. Pretty sure I own the first one. Ang, you OUTDID yourself with that cake. I LOVE IT! Looks like such a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so fun Angie! I love the cake and the whole family fun day!

    We are going to see the movie in 2 weeks when my brother and his family are in Texas. The kids can't wait!

    Miss y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Angie...Oh my goodness!!! That is the most precious day ever and puts my Toy Story Cheez Its and fruit snacks to shame!!! How fun to share you talent with the family!!!

    ReplyDelete