Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Layton's hidden treasure

Layton loves gadgets and any "treasure" items. He basically hoards them. If you are ever at my house and can't find your keys or your watch or your pocket knife the first place you should look is in Layton's room under his pillow. He has done this several times (just ask Sam Cilio) One evening as I was putting Layton to bed I leaned in to kiss him. I slid my hand under his pillow and felt something. He got a sly grin on his face and begged me to let him keep the handcuffs there. I did but I went back in later in the night when he was asleep to take a picture. I have checked under his pillow most nights since and normally he has something under it. Here are a few pictures of things I have found. I'm sorry these pics are dark and grainy but they are in the middle of the night when I finally go to bed. Here are a few examples:

This night he had a set of keys, a set of handcuffs and a machete! You never know when you will need a machete!
This night he had a ninja sword and the Wolverine hand with claw.
This is the Sea World sword and a Sonic receipt.
This was a big night of pillow treasure, it was a book, a small Blue's Clues magna doodle, and Lego instruction booklet.

3 comments:

  1. That is absolutely hilarious!!!! How does he sleep with so much under that pillow??? You would think it would give him neck problems.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did he get yours and Adams handcuffs?

    P.S. Allie told me about Poochie, I'm very excited for Layton! I say in 10 days or less you'll have a liter box upstairs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The claw was under the pillow? Wow! Last time i put my hand under there he had a piece of gum and he quickly said "my dad said I could". Adam heard that comment and came in and took the gum b/c he had NOT said he could. He also had a receipt and some keys the time I looked. That was before he had his keyring full of keys. What a kid. Love him so much.

    ReplyDelete