Monday, May 10, 2010

Girls of Grace Dance Co.

My sweet baby girl had her first dance recital last weekend. It was a wonderful day that I think I have been waiting for for about 15 years now. I have always thought about what it would be like to have a baby girl and now that she is growing up and doing "big girl" things it's SO fun! They boys let us get ready alone. We had a bath, did our nails, hair in a bun, makeup and got dressed. It was a day to remember. I was pretty proud of this first bun.
She looked at books while I did the hair.
She was very excited to have on real makeup. We did blush, eye shadow, mascara and lipstick.
I know I'm biased but she is gorgeous! Adam said, "I think I like my little girl the way she normally is." I think it was a reality check to see his little girl all dressed up.
Very excited and ready to go in She did not want help putting on her ballets (that's what she calls them, she also says taps)
Landry was in the youngest class and they were PRECIOUS! They opened the show with a ballet dance to, I'm a Ballerina.
Then they did a drill team routine to, Good Morning with their hoops.
Then they did a tap routine and it was so cute.
At the end of the show they announced each girl's name and they got to walk across the stage to receive their medal. It says, "true beauty" and after the show Landry told us, "true beauty comes from your heart" What a wonderful dance studio to teach this kind of lesson.Mammie brought her these flowers for after the show. She loved them and felt so proud and special to carry them around. Three sweet friends, Landry, Abigail Baughier and Claire Urbantke.
Landry was like the star of our family that day. We were all fighting to get to her after the recital. Can you see the tear streaks down my cheeks? I LOVED every minute of the show. I was so overcome with pride and emotion as those precious babies started dancing. My little baby girl is growing up and this is just the first milestone of a "big girl".
All the girls! Nana and Papa came from Caldwell for the recital.This is Mrs. Sarah and we LOVE her. She is one of the teachers and owners of Girls of Grace.
Mrs. Mandy is the other teacher. We absolutely love them both. Thanks for a great year of ballet. Can't wait till September.

6 comments:

  1. What a great night that was. Totally made me relive yours and Allie's ballet days.
    *I love the pictures of those sweet little friends who hopefully will be her friends forever.
    *I am so appreciative of those precious teachers.
    *Landry was adorable, just the way i imagined she would be.
    I can't wait for more proud moments.
    Being a Mammie is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are not biased because she is beautiful! Hopefully I'll have a daughter...can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. how sweet....I got emotional looking at the pictures and reading what you wrote Angie...Landry looked so beautiful! I love the picture of Adam looking at his precious little girl-priceless!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She looks so grown up with that makeup on! Precious little thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet post Angie. Landry looked so beautiful. I love her costume. Lauren had her ballet recital about a month ago, but of course because I am like a year behind on blogging, it will be a little while before I get it posted. I wish that she could participate in "Girls of Grace", what a neat program.

    ReplyDelete