Friday, May 1, 2009

Bike Riders

Okay, Logan does not enjoy riding a bike. This is not from lack of trying on Adam's and my part. We think little boys should want to be outside and run and ride bikes, etc. He just does not like it so he does not know how yet. This weekend we decided it was time to MAKE him. By the way, for those of you without children or with babies, you cannot make MAKE them do anything. I was one of those who thought you just told a child to do something and they did it and if they didn't then they just needed a good spanking. If you think this I feel sure that God will give you a strong willed child just as He did with me, 3 times! This bothers me but there's really nothing to do about it. We will continue to help him and encourage him to practice.


On the other hand, Layton does enjoy this and wanted to ride Logan's bike so Adam lowered the seat and helped Layton ride it. He loved it and laughed and smiled the whole time. This little barely 4 year old will be riding by himself in no time. He also loves getting all the gear on.




While the boys were riding Landry stood in the garage and cried LOUDLY because she wanted a hot pink hat (helmet) We tried to let her use old ones of the boys but she threw it down and said, "Not boy ones!" She is such a girly girl and I LOVE IT! A pink popsicle helped the sadness though. I tried to get a picture of this but she was NOT in the mood to pose.

2 comments:

  1. We need to get the pink and purple bike to you! I know Landry will love it. Logan will learn, maybe it will just take seeing his younger brother riding and loving it?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post! I laughed out loud about your description of "making children" do this or that and if they didn't, they just needed a "good spanking". Before having kids, I remembered thinking that my children would be the best behaved, never fight, and never pitch fits. Yep, be careful what you ask for.....I have been humbled.

    ReplyDelete