Friday, April 3, 2009

Circus Circus


We took the kids to the Royse City Circus!
I know, I know, we are very well rounded!
It was quite an adventure. The circus itself
was pretty good but as Adam put it, "if you
want to feel good about yourself just go to the
Royce City circus." We saw people of all walks
of life (I'm being very politically correct
and polite here) We did not waste money to see
the giant snakes, we just thought this would be a
funny picture. Layton did not want to pose
for the photo. Who's surprised?

The amazing Fernandez acrobat family.

Miss Lucy with her amazing dogs. Some of them
even managed to jump through hoops. Wow!
I don't think they were very interested
in performing that night.
It was funny to see her try to walk on the tarp
on top of the dirt in her Payless Shoe Source shiny
pumps. Yes, that is a tiara on her head. She
was very fancy! She was like Fancy Nancy
live in the flesh and training dogs.

Fernando the juggler. He only dropped about
three of them. I'm glad none were on fire.

Sinclair and his ferocious tiger troop. He was
not very nice to the tigers. I feel pretty sure
that PETA would not like him. Even the boys
commented on the use of the whip.

Can't remember this guy's name but while he
wasn't balancing on plexiglas and coffee cans
he also doubled as a program
and popcorn salesman. I guess they are all
around performers.

Not sure what she was doing here since
she rarely gets off of my lap, probably trying
to butter him up for some cotton candy.

Sissy with her "yitesaver" and yes, it broke
the very next day. It has 2 applications of
super glue on it already.

Logan and Layton bought light sabers each in
their respective colors. Layton is
always blue and Logan is always green.
They love them so much and contrary to
what Adam and I thought
they actually made it through the night without
breaking. They are still working.


This was Layton's reaction when the clowns were
making fools of themselves. He actually told me he
didn't want to go originally because the
clowns made him scared.

Walking back to the car after the circus.
Logan was so happy he just had to leap
for joy. He told us thank you several times
that night. What a sweet boy.

5 comments:

  1. Okay, Adam thinks this post is rude and that I will offend anyone who lives in Royse City. I told him, "We live in Royse City! and send our child to their schools, etc." So here is my disclaimer: This was not intended to insult anyone in any particular city, just the traveling circus! Which, by the way, we took our children to and spent lots of money for so I guess we were part of this remarkable experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a funny post. I loved it. Poor little Layton just hates those friendly ole clowns. Don't blame him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVED this post. And I officially moved to Royse City ISD yesterday & I still think it's funny. Great description Ang. I saw Landry on Adam's lap twice & yours only once...must have been a full moon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved the pictures! I bet ALLIE is kicking herself for not being able to go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Much better than I thought it would be when you told me you were going to the Royse City Circus. Looks like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete