Tuesday, February 23, 2010

First Emergency

Last night Layton came running through the kitchen and hit the table with his face. He immediately began to scream and cry. I saw blood but couldn't tell where it was coming from because I was looking at his mouth. Then I discovered it was his chin. I couldn't tell if it was bad enough for stitches so I took this picture and sent it to Adam. He was gone to a meeting for the evening (it seems like things like this always happen when you are alone, right?) Layton immediately started worrying about not ever being able to eat ever again. He also said the doctor would have to do surgery or cut his chin off. He is so dramatic! Thankfully Mammie was able to come over to stay with Sissy and Sis was able to pick up Logey from basketball so Layt and I headed out to the new children's Urgent Kids clinic that Dr. Pflieger has opened. I called on the way and they said to come in and let them check it out before we went to the ER. Well, Dr. Pflieger was still there and he said, "Great place buddy, we'll just glue it back!"
Sweet little Layt was so good and brave and laid there watching Ice Age on the huge tv while we were waiting for the doctor to come in.
The doctor had to wash out the wound and so his shirt got soaked in the process but he still acted super.
The nurse held the cut together while the doctor applied the durabond glue.
MUCH BETTER! Today is just looks like a bruise. It is amazing at how God has created our bodies to just bounce back so fast.
Well we made it without an ER visit and I am so glad. I am so proud of my sweet little Layt. He was so brave and strong. No tears and no worries while we were there.

7 comments:

  1. that picture kinda makes me stomach hurt! Glad he was a good boy at the dr. & that it's all glued shut.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Allie...that cut made me a little queasy too. When they got home he told me he didn't even cry and he was very brave. What a little trooper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor thing, thank GOODNESS for liquid stitches! He's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Today he told me he wanted to scream at the doctor's office, but he was brave instead!

    ReplyDelete
  5. First one huh....our first major emergency was Maddie's broken elbow last year; it's terrible when they hurt like that. Glad he's okay; give him hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ewww, you should have posted a warning with that picture! However, Layton looked like a pro.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow - that hurt my heart to see his chin cut open like that. Thank God he is ok and the Dr could fix him up right away. Layton sounds like a a very brave young man. Mom sounds fairly brave, too - that had to be tough on her!

    ReplyDelete