Wednesday, August 19, 2009

1st Day of WPA

Today was Logan's 1st day of school at WPA (Wylie Preparatory Academy) Doesn't he look precious in his little uniform?
Here are all his little uniforms lined up as I ironed them last night. Yes, I ironed!

This is what he had set out to wear this morning. They have to wear navy shorts or pants and either white or red polo shirts. We ordered them all at Land's End. I love the WPA logo. We had to get new tennis shoes, mostly white. I love how good Logan is about this. He doesn't complain about having to tuck in his shirt or wear a belt or any of it.


He did his own hair this morning.

Love the new pose.
This is as we were walking in this morning. I love these pictures from the back and I have one from each year since 4 year old preschool. Please notice Layton pulling his backpack too. He brought it with us in the car and then as we got out he said, "Hey, I need my back pack too." It was adorable. He pulled it all the way in (empty) and through the atrium, up the stairs, through the hallway to Logan's classroom. Then he stood there and held it and as we left he pulled it behind him all the way back to the car. Oh, and by the way, Layton says character backpacks are for babies! I tried to talk him in to getting a Batman or Clone Wars backpack but he would ONLY have a plain one on rollers like Logan.
Mrs. Steinberger - math, science and social studies teacher (sorry about the funnyness of the photo)
Mrs. Gage - language arts, reading, spelling, writing teacher
At his table
Here is Layton pulling his backpack in
Here is his face as we were walking out this afternoon. When I picked him up he said, "I loved it! I want to go here forever!" Thank you to everyone for all your prayers and support and e-mails and calls. I can tell a HUGE difference from Monday until today and it really helped. Love all of you!

7 comments:

  1. I'm so glad it went well! Logan is such a sweet boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea he wasn't coming back to Miss May Vernon! I am a little bummed I won't be seeing yall up there this year. I told Austin that Logan wouldn't be there this year and he was a little sad too. Sounds like his year is starting off good. And I'm impressed that he's not complaining about his uniform! Justin is already complaining of uniforms and he still has another year to go before he has to wear them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great day. I'm so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a doll! Great description :) So happy that he is happy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How sweet! :) They are so so cute :) Tell him CONGRATS on his first day..Can't wait to see you in SEPT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Logan looks so cute in his WPS uniform. I'm so glad to hear that he loves his new school. Can't believe that ya'll have started all ready. Kaden will start on the 31st and Lauren's preschool starts on Sept. 8th.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Angie,

    You may not remember me, I am Allie's friend Amanda (from Hudson's office - man that seems like ages ago). I check on your blog when I check out Allie's and I just love keeping up with your beautiful family. I adore that Logan loves school. I have Jacob that is a couple years younger than Logan and starting K this year. I don't think he really understands what he is about to embark on but he does love that he keeps getting lots of new stuff. I hope you don't mine me peeking in on your life but you family just so adorable. Thanks for the great Blog.

    ReplyDelete