Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Not for the weak of heart

Guess what we did last night?
We did EAR CANDLES!
My mom did these on me when I was in high school but we've never done them since then. Adam's head has been really clogged up so when I was at the health food store yesterday I bought a few to try. Adam, Logan and Layt all wanted to do them. It was really cool. They laid their head down and I stuck a hollow wax candle in the ear and light it. It takes about 12-15 minutes to burn down. Adam did both ears.
Logan did one ear
and Layt did one ear. I only bought 4 so I'm going back to get more to do the boys other ear and mine too.
Then when it burns down to about 2-3 inches left you blow it out and cut open the hollow candle. Then you are left with this...
Do not scroll down if you are grossed out by gross things. I am raising 2 boys so I do not have the luxury of being grossed out anymore...






The result. That is the opened candle and all that yellow and orange gunk is what was sucked out of their ears. Isn't that gross and cool all at the same time? Love it!

7 comments:

  1. That is pretty gross. But I love it. I'd need industrial strength. I want to know whose is who? Is it who or whose?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those things but the flame scares me to death. I am always afraid somebodies gonna spook me and I'm gonna turn my head and light something on fire!! Pretty cool little torches, though. They really work. Hope everyone's heads ears feel better. I need to go find mine. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe you did ear candles without me. You know how I love those kinds of things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never heard of them. We need to try them out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just have a few comments:
    1. miss y'all so much
    2. disgusting
    3. I know now what we'll be doing this weekend! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have issues with one of my ears always getting clogged up to where I can't hear out of it for days. So I went to the health food store and bought a package of those, did 2 on one ear and nothing came out, my ear was still clogged. Maybe we were doing it wrong? I wish mine had worked that well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is really neat. I have never heard of it before. I wonder if I can order some online.... miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete