Thursday, February 19, 2009

Love/Hate

The littles, as we call them, have a love/hate relationship. One minute they are in love with each other and are playing wonderfully and the next minute they are fighting. Landry is actually the bigger fighter of the two. She gets very frustrated whenever Layton tells her what to do or takes something away from her, and this happens a lot. She clinches her jaw and fist and hits him when she gets irritated with his parenting her. Layton wants Landry to play with him but only if she will play what he wants which is ALWAYS Star Wars. The fight usually ends with them calling each other stupid (which they get soap in their mouth for now) and then they are back in love. Layton is really good at including her in his play, most of the time. Here they are playing Star Wars the Clone Wars on Wii and enjoying a sneaky snack of Cheetos. I guess they think that if they share with each other then sneaking Cheetos is okay.



With Logan being gone to school their relationship has really tightened over these last few months. They really do love each other. Layton crawled up in my bed beside Landry and he said, "Landry, I want to snuggle to you." Look at that precious kiss on the head he is giving her. They sat there together for about 25 minutes one morning watching Sesame Street snuggling away.

These little cuties are ready to go to co-op together. Layton told me that Landry was his best friend in co-op on Fridays. They were sitting in the red chair and talking about Star Wars (imaging that!) and he was telling her all about The Clone Wars and that she was Ashoka from that movie.

This is one of my most favorite pictures in a long time. We were in the car backing out of the driveway and Landry said, "Yayt, you hold it my han?" and then he put his hand in hers and they held hands for a little while. It melted my heart! I'm glad they have each other. When I was pregnant with Landry and worried about having them so close together many people told me how close they would be and I really think they will. They are lucky to have each other and I am lucky to have them. I love you my littles!

6 comments:

  1. Oh, they are just too cute! Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What sweeties! Some of my favorite things from this post: Landry's "booster" POT I couldn't live without my dutch oven...what do you cook in? I loved seeing ALL thos guys in Layt's hand in the co-op picture, he must be holding 25 of them! And in the picture of them in the red chair Layt's PJ shirt is wrong side out AND backwards....that is SO Layton! Cute post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet! Your littles are cute as can be :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i loved this post angie. they are both so cute and i love them holding hands too. i hope you frame that for your house. and #2... layton is so big! omg he grew over night! darling=)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These children are too precious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great post. I love how close they are...when they aren't hitting each other and calling each other stupid.

    That picture of them holding hands is pricelass. I love it.

    Has anyone else noticed that Landry looks 10 in that picture of them going to co-op?

    ReplyDelete