Thursday, February 5, 2009

I'm him!

I often wonder if all children are like mine with the quirky little things they do. My children have many quirks but one is more prevalent in our lives right now. It basically controls most of the activities we do. For example, my children are so concerned with who everyone is during a show, game or activity. What do I mean by this? Let me explain... We may be watching a movie and all 3 of my kids will "call it" as to which character they are in the movie. Logan is usually the main character or the hero (he is the first born you know!) and Layton always has to be the sidekick or best friend of the main character. Landry is usually the pretty female part. Mommy usually gets to be the big or ugly female character and daddy is the leftover male character.

Not too long ago I walked in on a crying and screaming fit by both boys because they both wanted to be Troy in the song, The Boys are Back, from High School Musical 3. Layton also had a fit because Logan said that I couldn't be Gabriella in HSM 3. Logan said that would be gross because he was Troy and his mommy couldn't be his girlfriend. At least he is thinking! In Star Wars the Clone Wars Logan is Anakin (of course the main and most liked character) and Layton is Obi-Won Kenobi and Landry is Ashoka and mommy is Venturess (she is really ugly and mean by the way) and daddy is Plokoon.

Now this was something the boys did and now sweet little Landry is in on it and asks, "dis me?" during everything. We can't even play a game without her asking, "dis me?" about the little game piece. Her favorite game right now is Cariboo. It comes with 6 brightly colored rubber balls. The hot pink ball is always Landry, the blue one is always Layton, green is Logan, purple is daddy, orange is mommy and yellow is Mammie.

So, here is my question. Is this normal to be pre-occupied with who every character or game piece is that they cannot even enjoy the activity we are doing?

By the way, I am aware that these pictures really don't go along with what I have talked about today but I always like to see a picture with the blog I am reading. ha ha
Isn't Logan a precious big brother reading to his little brother? He is probably telling Layton which character he could be in this book.

4 comments:

  1. i love when they picked out their american gladiator characters. there's something very funny about a darling little kids calling themselves Blaze and Fury!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I'm biased, but I think it's normal to pick your characters, cause you and & I did that when we were little too. And just like in Logan's case YOU the first born ALWAYS got to be the best character. And IF by chance I "called" the cute, popular sister on Charles in Charge before you did, well then you'd out smart me and "call" Charles hot girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Makes perfect sense to me...like Allie said you two sure did that. I'm really impressed you could spell those Star War people's name. Did Logan help you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are precious pictures! I remember "calling" characters as a kid too. It was usually for Scoobie Doo and I always had to be Daphne. My kids haven't started this yet, but I bet it's around the corner...

    ReplyDelete