Monday, November 1, 2010

Date with my Darling

As a mother I feel the GUILT! My main guilt right now is over my "middle child". I have always felt guilty for having another baby so quickly after Layton was born. He was just a baby and I was already expecting again and I personally felt awful for basically 8 months. (Being pregnant isn't a fun thing for me.) So, I am concerned about not having enough time for my kids, especially Layt. I do lot of girly things with Landry and Logan was the first born and had us all to himself for more than 3 years and I get to be with him alone 2 days a week this year.
Layton and I decided we would go on a date, just the 2 of us. I asked him what he wanted to do and he said, "go to biggest grill". This is his interpretation of Genghis Grill. He loves that place because he can get a bowl of meat. We made our date plan and told the others. Landry cried when we told her and she cried when we left, total jealousy.
Before we left he got himself dressed and added A LOT of daddy's cologne. He snuck out the door and rang the doorbell for me like he was picking me up. When I answered it he asked if I was ready for the date. We sat and talked for a minute and then played a few puzzles alone, just us! Then we headed out.
We made our bowls and waited for our food to be delivered.
He insists on eating it all with chopsticks. He starts out well and then stabs all his meat towards the end.
He wanted ice cream too so we headed to Baskin Robbins to get his favorite, rainbow sherbet. he wanted to eat it in the car though. He told me he was ready to go home. I had such a great time with my sweetie! Love you Layt!

2 comments:

  1. I love it! How sweet is he sneaking out of the house to ring the doorbell and pick you up! Sounds like it was a wonderful date!

    ReplyDelete