Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Layton's 1st Day of Pre-K

Layton started Little Voyagers Preschool at First United Methodist Church in Heath today. The real first day of school was last week while we were in Disney so today was his first day. I have been a little concerned about this because if you know Layton then you know he isn't an overly excited child about a lot of things. He is home body and isn't very social, even with people he is around a lot. I was pleasantly surprised this morning! He was happy all morning and ate well, brushed his own teeth, dressed himself and even did his own hair. He posed for pictures for me on the porch. He was happy in the car and walked right in with confidence and put his backpack and lunchbox up. He let me take a picture with Ms. Beth and went to his table and began his table work for the morning. I was great until got in the car and then I cried for a while. I am getting used to Logan doing big boy things and having new experiences but Layton doing them now it a lot for me. I am so thrilled that he was happy, had confidence and was excited for himself. I am so proud of him and I can't wait to hear all about it this afternoon.


He is really serious about doing his own hair. He combed it for at least 4 minutes this morning.

He wanted a rolling backpack like Logan's this year. He informed me that character backpacks are for babies. He also wanted to use Logan's old lunchbox from when he was 4 and in preschool. He DID NOT want a new one of his own. I guess character lunchboxes are not for babies. He was fine to take a picture with Logan and daddy but did not want Landry in the photo. Landry took offense to this!
Ms. Beth is a wonderful teacher already!

9 comments:

  1. oh my word ~ layton looks so cute and so grown up on his first day! gosh i love that kid! can't wait to hear how the first day went!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, for baby yaton! He's so grown up. Darling kid. Please call aunt sis on the way home and tell me all about the day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh...he is so grown up. I love that he was happy this morning. What an answered prayer. I can't wait to hear about his day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. here's some more comments...
    1.)That pic of the boys from the back is priceless. I love that.
    2.)that is not what I thought Ms. Beth would look like.
    3.)Poor Landry

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is he praying in that last picture? "Dear Lord, please take the camera from my mommy's hands...AMEN!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. He looked so handsome going to school. Glad to hear he enjoyed himself, and was happy to go.

    ReplyDelete